No bleeding, no slipping, no weeding, and no bridges to connect! There are so many things you're going to love about Tucker Trade Co Stencils. We proudly use high-quality Ikonart silkscreen stencil film to develop our specialty designs. Our unique mesh screen stencils are reusable, tacky, and provide amazing results for even the most novice crafters.
Check out our tips below to learn how to use and care for your stencils. You can also view our TTCO Chalk Paste Tips for info as well. Feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions!
BLUE VS. PURPLE STENCILS:
- Blue Stencils are ideal for glass, ceramic, chalkboards, and other smooth surfaces. They are slightly tacky and will adhere the more they are pressed onto a surface.
- Purple Stencils are ideal for wood, fabrics, textiles, and other textured surfaces. They are sticky to the touch and instantly stick to a surface.
APPLYING A STENCIL:
- One side of the stencil's clear backing has a film that helps it stay tacky, so the stencil must be reapplied to the same side it was removed from.
- Start by placing a mark with a Sharpie on the clear backing of your stencil. This mark will help remind you which side of the clear backing the stencil was on.
- Remove the clear backing. DO NOT THROW AWAY.
- Place your stencil adhesive side down on your project and smooth with fingers or squeegee to remove any bubbles. Careful to not stretch the stencil, it may warp the design.
USING CHALK PASTE ON A STENCIL:
- Apply TTCO Chalk Paste in small dollops to the stencil surface then swipe your squeegee across to fill the open design areas of your stencil with chalk paste.
- You can pass the squeegee across the surface again to remove any excess chalk paste.
- Peel back one corner of your stencil to see if your design is solid or distressed to your liking.
- If the stenciled design is not solid enough, slowly lay your stencil back down and place a little more TTCO Chalk Paste and swipe your squeegee across again.
- Carefully remove the stencil and place in a shallow pan filled with water, or reuse immediately in another part of your project.
- Let your project dry completely, it typically only takes a few minutes.
CLEANING STENCIL FOR REUSE:
- Do not use cleansers, soaps or wipes. These will damage your stencils.
- Under running water or in a shallow pan filled with water, lightly rub fingers across your stencil to remove chalk paste then rinse clean. Careful to never pull or distort the stencil design.
- Place stencil, adhesive side up, on a flat surface and re-apply the clear backing, taking note of the Sharpie mark you made earlier.
- Squeegee over the clear backing to remove excess water.
- Flip stencil over and gently pat with a paper towel to remove any water or chalk paste residue from the surface.
- Place on a drying rack, cooling baking rack, or any other flat surface and allow stencil to dry for about 30 minutes before reusing.
- Stencils may stain from chalk paste pigments. This is totally normal!
- Please be aware too much moisture will damage the tacky film, so be sure to always dry your stencils completely before storing.
TO INCREASE TACK WHEN REUSING A STENCIL:
- Gently blot or lightly mist the adhesive side of your stencil with a damp cloth or Chalk Paste Mister prior to use.
- After applying your stencil to your project, pat the open design area of your stencil with a dry paper towel.