TUCKER TRADE CO CHALK PASTE TIPS
Due to the nature of paint, ink and chalk paste in general, product may separate or may be dry upon receiving. This is totally normal! Although our product has been tested and proven to have a shelf life of greater than a year, the container of the product may decrease the shelf life.
Please understand that Tucker Trade Co has done extensive research and testing to create the perfect paste with the most desired size and pricing available. However, the smaller the container, the more likely the paste will become dry. Check out our tips below and be sure to watch our video to help answer any questions you may have!
WHEN SHOPPING, KEEP IN MIND:
- Kit & Project sized Chalk Pastes are designed for single or immediate use.
- Workshop & 1oz jars are packaged to be used within a short amount of time. Pastes can be revived, but may not always return to original consistency.
- 2oz & 4oz jars are designed for longer use. Packages come with a removable inner liner and foam lid liner to increase shelf life.
IF YOUR CHALK PASTE BECOMES DRY OR TOO THICK:
- Simply add sterile or sealed bottled water (to prevent contamination) to paste by spritzing with Tucker Trade Co's fine spray mister or another squirt bottle.
- Tucker Trade Co's mister is preferred due to the fine mist that is delivered to have better control over the volume that is added. However, any squirt bottle or other method will work in a pinch!
- Vigorously stir with spatula provided or other tool until paste achieves a yogurt like consistency.
- If sides have dried and crusted AVOID stirring them into moist paste until after project use to avoid lumpy consistency.
- After your project is complete, spritz dry sides with mister to soften and scrape down into moist paste. Continue spritzing paste, one spray at a time, until thoroughly wet and then reseal container. Upon next use, stir vigorously and spritz more water as needed. Paste should be re-moistened and ready to use.